Thursday, October 21, 2010

Winter and Tea








Winter is certainly on its way...the weather is colder and I am finding myself wanting to get out my winter crafts and supplies for starting projects. This year there are other folks that are staying here and we have been buying fabric to make our own hooded scarves etc. I am really looking forward to making one for myself, and was delighted to find a fabric that was heavy and also to find some fleece that coordinates colors really nicely together.

I know that I am also thinking of making a quilt this year, or quilted place mats. I have always been interested in quilting, but am not ready to undertake a huge project such as a blanket...but I think smaller ones will be good. I would also like to create a Seasons of Life quilted tote bag for nomadic living.

I have now found someone that is also very interested in sewing, and quilting, so we will be starting some small projects together. In amongst my traveling back and forth, I will now have some good projects to be working on with a sewing buddy to help keep motivated!

Also I have been noticing my taste buds have been wanting Chai Tea lately, and I know that I always drink more of that in the winter time than any other time of the year! Now please note I do drink tea pretty regularly, in fact I tend to drink tea far more than coffee. But there are just some seasons that have specific tea blends for me, and I find that Winter Season brings me spicy Chai Tea.

If you have never had Chai Tea, here is a recipe that I found on the internet:

and here is the link to the website that has other Tea Blends if you are interested in making your own.


Chai Tea Blend

1/2 cup black tea leaves

3 crushed cinnamon sticks

12 crushed black peppercorns

5 crushed cloves

6 crushed cardamom seeds

1 teaspoon crushed cumin seeds

4 whole crushed allspice

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

To make heat milk and water together in equal proportions and add 1 tablespoon per cup of mixture, let stand for 10 minutes strain and serve.








2 comments:

-Heidi said...

mmmmm, we'll try it! We always drink Chai tea in the winter.

Gypsy Trails said...

Heidi,
It seems I am most likely to drink Chai Tea in the winter season...do you have other hot drinks that you have in the winter season that you do not drink as much in other seasons?

I know in the spring and summer seasons, I drink more fruit herbal teas.